THIS BLOG HAS MOVED. PLEASE WAIT TO BE REDIRECTED IN 5 SECONDS.

Writing With the Stars - Making it to Round Two!

Monday, November 8, 2010

The exciting news today is that my manuscript, Seducing Charlotte - a Regency romance set against the backdrop of the dawning Industrial Revolution - has made it into the second round of Brava Kensington's Writing With the Stars contest. A big thank you to all who voted for my entry. I could not have done it without you!

If you're new to the blog, here's the deal. Late last summer, Kensington Editors Alicia Condon and Megan Records selected 10 finalists for the competition. The grand prize is every unpublished writer's dream: a publishing contract!

But, first, that person has to make it through five rounds of competition. Two finalists were eliminated after the first round, in which readers of RT Book Reviews voted online for their favorite First Paragraph and Last Sentence.

Round Two begins today!

This time the category is Best Hero and Heroine in 150 words or less - no easy task. We were assigned mentors for this contest. I lucked out with Mary Wine, author of books such as To Conquer a Highlander and Highland Hellcat,  who helped me refine my descriptions to really make them shine.

Check it out for yourself and see what you think. CLICK HERE to read all of the entries. I hope you will consider voting for me! It is very quick. You can click in, vote and be done in under a minute.

I appreciate your support! 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment