THIS BLOG HAS MOVED. PLEASE WAIT TO BE REDIRECTED IN 5 SECONDS.

Second Place in the 2011 Maggies

Sunday, October 2, 2011

My Regency romance, Tempting Bella, placed second in the 2011 Maggie awards which were presented by the Georgia Romance Writers last night in Decatur.

Tempting Bella took second place in the historical unpublished category. Author Jennifer McQuiston took first place for her manuscript, A Private Affair. Jennifer and I share an agent - so at least we sort of kept it all in the family!

Here's the complete rundown in the historical unpublished category:

honorable mention
Carol
Hayes
Lady Unbound
honorable mention
Meredith
Simmons
Shadow Dancer
3rd place
Meredith
Simmons
Chameleon
2nd place
Diana
Quincy
Tempting Bella
Maggie winner is
Jennifer
McQuiston
A Private Affair
 
There's no official list yet, but here's what I've been able to learn so far in the other categories:

Vanessa Kelly placed first in the historical published category for her book, Sex and the Single Earl.

Trish Mills was the first place winner for Winter Longing in the young adult published category.

Trish Milburn took first place in the contemporary published category for Elly: Cowgirl Bride. 

Rebecca Skrable was first for The Devil of Whitechapel for unpublished paranormal/ fantasy.

Kalayna Price wins top honors for Grave Witch in the published paranormal category.

I'll post a complete list of the 2011 Maggie winners as soon as I can.

4 comments:

Cara said...

Congratulations! I can't wait until your books are in print and I can read them!

Diana Quincy said...

Thanks Cara! I have a great deal of respect for the Maggies so I am truly thrilled with my second place finish!

Nicki Salcedo said...

We are lucky to know you and congrats!

Diana Quincy said...

Thanks Nicki! Being a part of the Maggies has been a lot of fun. I'm glad you stopped by the blog and took a moment to leave a comment :)

Post a Comment