THIS BLOG HAS MOVED. PLEASE WAIT TO BE REDIRECTED IN 5 SECONDS.

Bin Laden Death Renews Interest in Navy Seal Romance Heros

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Osama bin Laden's demise at the hands of an elite group of U.S. Navy Seals is drawing interest in the romance world.

Deborah Nemeth, editor for Carina Press, Harlequin's digital-first imprint, tweeted, "I wouldn't mind some SEAL hero submissions. I predict a massive upsurge in Navy SEAL romance heroes."

Avon's May Chen seconded that, tweeting, "Navy SEALS make the best heroes--in real life and in romance novels."

"I love my country, my Navy Seals and my romance novels," was the tweet from Erika Tsang, also at Avon.

Author Heather Snow tweeted, "Navy Seals were involved... I see a flurry of Navy Seal romance novels coming out in the coming months :)"

Of course, a number of romance authors are ahead of the trend. Many military romances, like Lora Leigh's Wild Card, already feature Navy Seals.

But look for more in the coming months!

2 comments:

Denny S. Bryce said...

As soon as I heard the news I googled the words Navy Seal Romance...seriously.

Diana Quincy said...

I know what you mean! I found the Tweets about it very interesting - especially coming from agents and editors. On the heels of the royal wedding-inspired romances, you really see a trend of how the romance world is profoundly influenced by current events.

ON another note: I wonder how long it would take to write a Navy Seal romance??? :)

Post a Comment