THIS BLOG HAS MOVED. PLEASE WAIT TO BE REDIRECTED IN 5 SECONDS.

Self-Published Novel Sneaks Onto NYT eBook Bestseller List

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Even though the New York Times indicated it would not count self-published books on its new ebook bestseller lists, one has made it to the top.

Not surprisingly, it's a book that costs just 99 cents, which might have a lot to do with the high sales. I admit I'm often persuaded to buy an ebook that looks interesting at that price point. Nancy Johnson's Her Last Letter is Number 31 on the "also selling" list of fiction ebooks.

Publishers Weekly quotes Johnson as saying, "After I wrote my first novel, I was able to find a great New York literary agent, and I was thrilled. At the time, I thought I had it made. But though several big publishers took interest, nothing came of it, and my book never sold.... In the end, I formed my own publishing company. It was the best thing I could have done."

Check out the list here: NYT list. All this goes to show that, while ebooks are making a mark on the publishing industry, no one knows which box to put them in or how they will surprise us next!

UPDATE: I''ve taken the plunge and developed an author website that I actually have to pay for! I hope you'll start visiting me there; that's where I'll be blogging from now on! Come along and have a look! Click here.

1 comments:

Kelly said...

I voted. Amazing scene. Good luck :)

Post a Comment